“How To Get Relief From Neck Pain & Headaches, & Return To Sleeping Through The Night Without Painkillers.”
The Astonishing Alternative To Pills and Chiropractic That Has 85% of People Returning To A Life Without Neck Pain.
If you have neck pain and headaches, you likely just want to know one thing…
“How Do I Get A Good Night’s Sleep?!”
Neck pain and headaches are not usually very painful, they tend to be a nagging uncomfortable condition that sends stiffness into your neck, shoulders, and head. Sometimes it includes nerve pain, sometimes it doesn’t. What DOES usually include is neck and shoulder stiffness and a constant feeling of stress.
Neck pain can also make you feel dizzy or lightheaded. Much of the time it can set off headaches that shoot into your temples, or just behind your eyes. It can even cause pain into your face.
If you’re dealing with neck pain, it can be frustrating searching for a long term solution. Most people with neck pain find themselves in a constant battle with short-term solutions that just kick the can down the road.
When it’s really bad, it can start to impact significant parts of your life such as sleep, and being active. For many people, that means they are less able to cope with stress, and they can experience decreased engagement at work and with their family. At the end of the day, it can change who you are, and prevent you from being the best version of yourself.
Does this sound like you?
If it does, then you may have already tried many of the traditional methods of solving neck pain such as:
- The old school approach…Wait for it to go away, or pretend it’s not there and see if it gets better. After all, maybe you just “slept wrong”
- Going to your MD, who told you to rest and take pain medication. They told you that if this didn’t work, they would refer you to an orthopedic surgeon for a consultation.
- Getting a bunch of new pillows and trying them out.
- You’ve asked some friends who kind of laugh and say “That’s just what happens as we get older!”
- Getting a massage which helps keep the pain down, but never quite seems to make it go away entirely.
- Looking up some stretches on youtube, but not finding anything that provided lasting results.
At this point it’s understandable to be frustrated, and you might be thinking that there’s a better way, and you just have not found it yet.
If this is you, you’re not alone. Our Scottsdale neck pain physical therapy group hears this all the time. In fact, neck pain is one of the most common problems we see in our physical therapy clinic.
Click the video below to hear from Dr. Tom about who we help, or keep reading to learn more about how to find a real solution.
Everyone wants to know…
“Why Do I Have Neck Pain & Headaches In The First Place…and How Do I Make It GO AWAY!?”
There is a lot of misinformation out there, and many of our clients tell us they searched for solutions for MONTHS before finding what works.
There are 3 things that are necessary, in order to get back to sleeping through the night and feeling energized throughout the day.
Accurate diagnosis of the ROOT CAUSE of your pain. Where your symptoms are, is often the result of a deeper problem. You will be amazed at learning how powerful treating the root cause can be. Not only will your pain go away, but you may find yourself feeling stronger than you have felt in years. When the root cause is found many people are not surprised to find out that an injury that they had years ago has contributed to their issue.
Here’s the best part: Even if that injury is years in the past, a good provider can still develop a plan to get it corrected.
A comprehensive STRATEGY to get you from point A to point B (Point B is your goal lifestyle). There are many pieces to an injury. Tight muscles, sprained ligaments, weakness, stiff joints…There is no one size fits all, and a strategy is needed to address each individual component of your condition, while fixing the root cause.
Take frequent measurements. After all, the proof is in the pudding. Measurements allow a provider to determine how you are responding to treatment. This is more than just a “Hey, are you feeling better, or worse? Scale of 1-10?” situation. Taking real measurements of your range of motion, strength, and movement patterns on a regular basis is necessary. When a provider has a STRATEGY, when the measurements are not meeting expectations it allows them to figure out why & change direction.
Do you want to know why it takes so long to find a solution for neck pain and a treatment for headaches in Scottsdale?
The Truth About Healthcare
The truth is, that we live in a society that’s obsessed with quick-fixes. This has led to short-sighted medicinal solutions to shoulder pain, that simply fail to address the root cause of the issue.
There are enough people out there who are ok with taking pills, or waiting until surgery, that doctors and insurance companies have shifted towards this model. As a result, it’s difficult for active people who want real solutions to find good help.
When living a healthy life is important to you, it can be gut-wrenching to have a doctor look you in the eyes and tell you to stop doing things, or just take some pills. It can feel like a big part of your life has just fallen away. That’s why it’s important to find a Scottsdale neck pain physical therapist who is on-board with you helping you live the best life you can.
“How Do I know If I’ve Received a Quick-Fix for Neck Pain?”
- You have gone to the MD, who prescribed some medications, and asked you to come back if they didn’t work.
- You’ve been told a new pillow should fix all of your problems.
- You have been getting massages to manage your aching muscles, but they seem to just tighten right back up.
- You have been to chiropractic, and it feels nice afterwards, but your joint stiffness keeps returning.
- You have been to physical therapy, and the exercises they gave help a little, but you have to do them all day long to feel any better.
- You have been to any doctor, and they have only focused on the area of pain, and not what the other areas of your body are doing.
- You have been given surgery as your only option. Unless you’ve had a major accident or event this typically is not the case.
“How Do I know If I’ve Found The Root Cause?”
It’s important to know that the “diagnosis” or the injured area, is very rarely the actual ROOT CAUSE of your pain. Everything in your body works together in a cause-effect relationship.
When it comes to the neck there are many things to consider. Muscles and joints connect the neck to the head, shoulder blade, collar bone, and mid-back. While it may be one spot that you feel pain, it’s likely that multiple areas are not moving how they should be.
Most people will look at a tight neck and just tell you to stretch it. The problem is that this is often the exact opposite of what your neck needs. The stretching can cause it to gradually get more and more uncomfortable.
When you find the root cause, the doctor will be able to explain to you exactly what’s wrong, and all of the components that are contributing to your injury. When it comes to your neck, this could mean tight muscles, weak muscles, poor movements, bad daily habits, or any number of other issues. It’s important to have a complete understanding of your neck pain before a strategy can be developed.
STOP and re-read that last sentence. In case you zoned out I’ll repeat it… “It’s important to have a complete understanding of your neck pain before a strategy can be developed.” Notice that I use the word “STRATEGY.” Because that’s what you need to fix the root cause of neck pain. You can’t just look at the thing causing you pain and let the treatment stop there. Unless of course you want to be in the same boat 6 months from now.
10 Reasons Why Your Neck Pain & Headaches Last Longer Than They Should.
- You rely mainly on word of mouth, and you’ve run out of places to go.
- You’ve gotten so much advice, you’re paralyzed by your options so you’ve done nothing.
- You’ve been burned in the past and you don’t want to waste time by choosing the wrong option, so you’re doing a lot of research.
- You’re currently getting care, and the provider is insisting that you keep being patient and that it will eventually work. You’re staying with them a little longer because they’re “nice.”
- You tried looking up exercises to do on your own for your neck pain. This is a fair strategy, but there are many “causes” of neck pain, and it’s difficult to figure out which exercises are right for you. This is why some exercises can seem to make it better, but some make it much worse.
- You tried a few relaxing massages and it felt good for a few days but then it came back. So you started getting more frequent massages, but the effects have gradually worn off.
- You tried chiropractic care and it eased a bit, but the nagging sensation is still there.
- You tried waiting for it to go away on its own. That didn’t work…
- You went to the doctor’s office, and they gave you pain meds or nerve medication to numb the pain. They told you to come back in 6 weeks if it didn’t work.
- You went to a physical therapist who put you on the same exercises everyone else with neck pain gets…then they left you with an assistant who only half watched your technique.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid of My Neck Pain And Headaches Completely?
- The best thing that you can do is decide to get help from an expert. With all the options out there, it’s difficult to find someone reliable who you can trust. Which is why we offer a non-committal Discovery Visit option. You can see more below.
- Whatever you do, keep moving. Don’t let things stiffen up and get worse.
- Stay hydrated. Especially in Phoenix during the hotter months of the year. We need about ½ our body weight in ounces each day. Add 10% if you’re active. This helps your muscles get circulation, which helps them heal.
- Try your best to avoid sleeping on your side, or leaning on your elbow when you’re seated in a chair or driving.
- Request A Copy of our Free Report: “How To Put An End To Tension Headaches & Neck Pain Pain Without Risking Surgery Or Taking Pills”. Inside you’ll find 7 techniques that doctors often forget to tell their patients.
If you would like to know how the Scottsdale neck pain physical therapy team at Doctors of Physical Therapy can help you return to being active as quickly and safely as possible – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk-free “Discovery Visit” at one of our clinics:
“Can You Tell Me More About Your Approach?”
Sure, it’s called the “PHIX” approach – pronounced “fix.” Here’s how it works:
- A complete analysis that looks at your body as a system, not just one piece at a time.
- A combination of the latest and most impactful research across many industries.
- An analysis of the root cause of your neck pain & headaches.
- An individual treatment plan to address every aspect of your limitation.
- The bridge between getting you “healthy” and keeping you active, mobile, and strong.
- A focus on using hands on treatment and movement to heal. We do not use hot-packs, estim, or other forms of passive temporary treatments.
- A standard our doctors hold themselves to, that makes sure you get the highest possibility of achieving your outcome.
Common Diagnosis We Help
- Neck Pain & Stiffness Caused By Discs
- Nerve Pain
- Joint Pain
- Muscle imbalance
- Muscle tightness
- Muscle weakness
- Postural Tendencies
“How Can Choosing Physical Therapy at DPT Help Me?”
- With our PHIX approach, we can identify the ROOT CAUSE of your pain, and design a plan to address it.
- We will identify all the individual components of your injury, and make sure nothing gets left out.
- We will explain clearly why the other things you have tried, have only resulted in temporary relief.
- You’ll get back to being active, which we know is about more than just being active. It’s about stress relief, and it helps you live a high-performance life.
- You’ll sleep better at night, knowing that you have a solution.
- You’ll get clear and straightforward communication, and finally get the lasting solutions you’ve been looking for.
- You’ll be working with a team of doctors. Even though you may be seeing one doctor, we hold round-tables in our clinic to deal with cases of all levels of difficulty.
- We know when it’s time to change direction of treatment to ensure that you keep progressing.
Basically we design a detailed plan, and have a standardized process for getting you from where you are at now…back to the active, healthy, mobile lifestyle you love.
If you’re ready to go, but you’d like to know more about availability for appointments at our Scottsdale neck pain physical therapy clinic, and what it costs. Simply click the button below and fill out the short form on the next page.
Please Take A Few Moments To Read What Our Clients Have To Say About DPT
“I was in hip pain for three years; the throb, pinch, and tightness was all day and night. I stopped exercising as well as unable to sleep on that hip! Last month I was blessed with a referral to The Doctors of Physical Therapy. After only a few sessions (along with strength exercises at home)…I can’t believe that I’m pain free! I’m back to spinning, hiking and best of all, sleeping like a baby! I highly recommend DPT to lift your spirits again. The staff is knowledgeable, kind, and empathetic. They teach you how to live and stay pain free, for that I’m grateful!”