Running Pain Treatment in Scottsdale
“Are You Looking To Put An End To Your Running Pain Without Risking Surgery, Without Relying On Pain Pills, and Without Missing Out On The Activities You Love?”
If you’re like most runners, you’ve experienced an injury that kept you out of training and racing for some period of time. You may be the runner who didn’t just have one injury, but a slew of different ones – first your knee, then your ankle, then your other knee. Or, you have that one nagging injury that just keeps coming back, no matter how much you rest.
If you’ve been riding this Running-Injury Rollercoaster and just don’t know where else to go or what to do, you have found the right place.
Do the following phrases sound familiar? (Warning, they may make you cringe): “You should just stop running.” “See, running isn’t good for you!” “You know you shouldn’t be running that much, no wonder you got hurt.”
Unfortunately, these types of phrases are so often heard by runners who have FIXABLE issues. The healthcare system can be extremely difficult to maneuver, and you may have come across providers who just don’t understand what running means to you. They may not be aware that there is NOT evidence that running is bad for your joints.
What’s worse is that this advice is given without the doctor taking into consideration what running truly represents. It’s part of a runners’ identity, it’s the people they hang out with, the community they’re part of, and a way to relieve the stress of the day to day. Without running, people become fidgety, uncomfortable, anxious and just feel plain lazy.
Is Any Of This Sounding Familiar?
For some runners, an issue comes up just before a race, one that they’ve been working towards for months and months. This makes it even more disheartening to be told to ‘just stop running’.
A perfect example of that is our friend Annie, who was told that she wouldn’t be able to complete a marathon that was 4 weeks away due to her heel pain.
We were lucky enough to run into Annie at a local shoe store just weeks before her race. She had been to another Physical Therapist who used dry needling in her legs and just seemed to make the problem worse. They told her that she would not be able to race, and that wearing heels at her wedding in a few months was a “maybe.”
Since this encounter, Annie completed that race (her first marathon) in 3:33. She has continued to work with our Scottsdale running pain physical therapy team to optimize performance and avoid injury between races, and has since run a marathon in under 3:10 and her next goal is sub 3:00!
Now, not everyone has goals of posting these types of race times. But what really happened here, is we were able to help someone do something they love, reach for their goals, and accomplish them. And YES she walked down the aisle in heels at her wedding. The point is that you should be able to use your body the way that YOU decide, and having a great doctor on your side for the journey can be really powerful.
If you’re a runner that has goals of continuing to run for years to come, you’ve probably been around the block a time or two when it comes to getting treatment, and you’ve probably tried a number of different things.
Do Any Of These Things Sound Familiar?
- Ignore it and it will go away.
- Stretch and foam roll your legs.
- Accept it as an “age thing” since everyone seems to have it.
- Rest or cross-train.
- Take anti-inflammatory medication or painkillers.
- Ice it.
Here’s the good news. If any or all of those things sound familiar then you already know what doesn’t work.
Our Scottsdale running pain physical therapy group would love to help you get to the bottom of your pain, not just for this episode of pain, but a longer lasting solution that has helped hundreds if not thousands of people continue to run without pain.
We’d like to invite you for a consultation either over the phone or at our clinic. All you have to do is click the button below to fill out a contact form and we will be in touch soon.
What Can I Do To Get Rid Of Pain With Running Completely?
If you are overwhelmed by an injury and frustrated that no one is giving you meaningful guidance for your return to running, we can help.
We specialize in getting people back to the activities that make them feel ALIVE. As fellow runners, we understand the toll that it takes when running is restricted or ‘forbidden’. Your stress levels increase and that can have a toll on your overall health, your professional, and your personal life. Giving up is simply not an option.
If you want to return to running faster and more resilient than ever, The Doctors of Physical Therapy is the right place for you. Our Scottsdale running pain physical therapy doctors teach you how to get healthy and stay injury-free for the LONG TERM, not just until your next training cycle.
- The faster you act, the faster it will go away. You need to make a decision about getting help from the right people. The longer you wait, the more bad habits you develop to avoid pain, and the longer it takes to fix. You may have thought you found the right people in the past, and so you’re frustrated that you’re searching yet again. That’s ok. Check out our reviews on Google, don’t just take our word for it!
2. You need the right exercises at the right stage of your recovery. Too often in healthcare people are given 10 or 20 exercises that are just the exercises that everyone with a “knee injury,” “hip injury,” or “foot injury” gets. Evaluation by a our Scottsdale PT treatment and foot pain professionals can ensure that you get the right exercises at each stage of recovery, to guide you to complete recovery without it coming back.
3. Avoid sitting around too much. This gives your muscles and joints a chance to get stiff and can prolong your injury. This is especially true if you have a habit of sitting around on unsupportive surfaces or in awkward twisted positions.
4. Work with the right physical therapist. At The Doctors of Physical Therapy we pride ourselves on being able to take on running issues head on and make lasting changes by considering other facets of your health, including stress, sleep, and nutrition. We do not use any aides or technicians so your time is spent 1-on-1 with an expert the entire session.
5. Find a high-quality running analysis. We utilize slow-motion gait analysis to examine your individual running mechanics, direct interventions, and make observable changes within-session.
If you would like to know more about our approach to fixing pain with running and how it’s likely different than anything you’ve tried in the past, we are happy to offer 30 minute consultations for free. We offer just 4 per month so act quickly. Click the button below to fill out a contact form and we will reach out to schedule your consultation.
How Can Working With DPT Help You Put An End To Frustrating Pain With Running For Good?
- We can often make changes in your discomfort within the first couple of sessions.
2. We will help you understand why this issue keeps coming back, and how our approach truly works.
3. Often reducing pain means that you can sleep more peacefully, without being interrupted when you change positions. This often has great effects on your overall mood and energy level.
4. By working with you to fix your pain, we can help you avoid pills and medications that wreak havoc on your organs.
5. Fixing your pain with running the right way will add years of longevity to your running career.
6. You won’t have to decline invitations to run races with friends or family because you’re afraid of getting hurt.
Essentially our Scottsdale running pain physical therapy team wants to help you get back to your life by giving you the right tools at the right time during your healing process. Our goal is to make certain that your results are lasting, and that you won’t have to search for a good doctor to fix your physical pain ever again.