Read on to find out about our 5-step process for getting relief from back pain. The steps include:
- Alignment – do bones really go out of place?
- Stability – why do I feel so weak?
- Mobility – why am I so tight?
- Movement – why do I feel so ungraceful?
- Strength – am I just getting old?
Step 1: Alignment
Without good alignment, muscles cannot work properly. Imagine you tie one end of a rope to a pole and you walk away with the other end of the rope until it’s pulled tight. In this case, the rope is your muscle, and both you and the pole represent the bones that the muscle connects. Now imagine you take two steps forward. This puts slack in the rope (or muscle) which means that it no longer provides the right amount of tension. This leads to small muscles not being able to do their job to stabilize your skeleton, so larger muscles start to do the job for them.