Are you searching for long term knee pain relief? Maybe it’s felt like a 10-year battle, or maybe this is your first go-around with knee pain. Either way, relief can be hard to come by.
What have you tried so far for knee pain relief? If you’re like most people, you’ll try:
A lot of these things can give short-term benefit and are helpful to get you out of that flared pain state. But when your knee pain keeps coming back, or lasts more than a few days, they tend to stop helping. And unfortunately, some of these (like medications) can have serious negative side effects, and others may require you to spend excessive amounts of time on the phone or in waiting rooms to get a very small amount of relief.
So what else is there for pain relief?? Trust me when I say you’re not doomed to have knee pain forever.
Each case of knee pain varies based on your individual activities and history, but there are a few things you can do to quickly find some knee pain relief:
- Stretch your calf muscles
- Loosen your thigh muscles
- Squat or bend with your hips back: Instead of keeping your chest upright and bending your knees a lot as you bend, try pushing your hips back like you’re about to sit in a chair. This puts less demand on the knees, and moves it to the hips.
- General movement: Moving gets the joints lubricated and loosened up, and allows the muscles to warm up as well. Moving within your limits of pain is always a good idea!
For longer-term pain relief, strengthening the hips and improving ankle motion is generally beneficial. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Hip strength: side lying leg lifts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITo24rLs4_I
- Ankle motion: ankle joint mobilization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEG5Wrq9dCQ
If you’ve been struggling with keeping your knee pain at bay, we’re here to help. Give us a call today (Click Here) to see how we can help!
Still not sure? Check out our workshops page to learn more about knee pain relief at our next seminar!